Sunday, September 27, 2009

Crisp




Autumn is here. Usually, I welcome it with open arms and excitement. I must be getting old because I wasn't too thrilled this year. I could have used an extra couple months of summer after that especially loooong winter and cool summer. There is one thing that makes it more bearable... Honeycrisp apples! We picked up a half bushel yesterday. Mmmm...mm...m! The kids and I decided to try baking a pie. I'm ashamed to say it's been probably years since I've baked a pie. The kids loved the peeling part. Farmgirl did most the work including tossing the apples with sugar. Baby made herself a mini pie with leftover crust and a half eaten apple. She ate it before I could snap a picture of the finished product. We're off to the ice skating rink and will return to some warm pie and ice cream. Hoping your Autumn comes just as sweetly for you.










3 comments:

nonni ru said...

Love the corkscrew apple... the kids & the smiles.......I'll have a cuppa joe with my slice please!

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Missy! I MUST agree! Honey Crisp apples are so yummy! I've been eating one every day now! I was sad to say good bye to summer, too. REALLY sad. I am trying to make November fun. Any ideas?