Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fig-tastic!




I whipped up samples for my first class, a bib and burp cloth. I think they turned out pretty good. We're gearing the first few classes towards novice sewers so I needed to keep it simple, yet pretty. We're also trying to keep classes affordable so I needed something that didn't require the class to purchase a pattern. No pattern means I needed to figure all the measurements for the strips, etc. I used fabrics from the Fig and Plum line by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda. I took pictures throughout the process. If I get positive feedback from the class I'll post a tutorial.





In other news...we are thrilled to have Todd, my bil, back home. We give thanks that his job transfer went smoothly and he's here to stay...Yay! We'll have to start up our every other week dinner and games night again. :-) Of course, Loral and I will have to kick our husbands' butts. But at least we'll all be together.

1 comment:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

OKay. That bib is so pretty, I think I just ovulated! I could say I want to make one for someone else's baby, but truthfully, I want it for me. Maybe I need to find something to make with that fabric. I wish I could take your sewing classes. You sew so beautifully, and lately my inexperience is resulting in too much wonkiness.