Friday, May 30, 2008

Fight the Frump Friday (skin care)




Nothing makes me feel so frumpy as a giant pimple...OK, maybe ratty paint splattered sweats, but it's close! How can I feel confident and non frumpy after I don my thigh deodorant and skirt then look in the mirror to see Mt. Pustius smack dab in the middle of my forehead?!? The answer for me was Acnefree, the Wa! Mart equivalent to Pro Activ. Within 3 days of use I had an extreme improvement to my skin. My dh actually said, "wow! your skin is so beautiful...it's glowing!" The cost is $19.22 for a month supply. I've found the toner and lotion last longer than the wash. Good news though, you can buy a bottle of the wash separately.






A little something to make your kitchen less frumpy...




I recently purchased these adorable magnets from Julie of Red Hen Studios. They're recycled dominoes. She has some really adorable ones of Cinderella and more in her Etsy store. Definitely worth a look see.


Good news on Jedi...came back clear for the test. They just want us to keep an eye on him for further symptoms. He did have to get his tetanus shot though...ouch. Poor little guy was pretty upset.

9 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

That is very good news about Jedi. Could you hear my sigh of relief?
Weren't we supposed to get pimple relief once we left our teens? No fair. Julie's domino magnets are really cute. Still some left you say?

Darla said...

Yeah why am I 39 an still getting zits? *sigh*

Valarie Lea said...

I didn't have this problem until now. Dadgum harmones :[

Julie said...

I've found that just taking care of my face, like actually washing it before bed at night, has helped my complexion. I under-estimated the value of drinking more water too!! I was worst than my 14yo with the raging hormones.

Glad Jedi got a clean bill of health!

Thanks for mentioning my magnets. I think I owe you a commission -- I made a sale to Natalie because of it.

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

I never got zits. Then I turned 40.

kboyer3 said...

YEA for Jedi's clean bill of health. :) Boo to pimples and blackheads. Maybe you can help me whip up some skirts. I am a pretty frumpy lass...:(

Love ya....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I've tried that stuff and not had much success. I guess it works differently for different people. I use a face wash for oily skin from almay and that seems to be doing the trick..for now.

Fledgling said...

Hey Miss!

I'm SO on the frump wagon! My goal when out and about is just to NOT BE NOTICED. It's so bad, the whole burkha idea is starting to have its appeal ...

And shopping? In my opinion, the clothing manufacturers are to blame for their own weak economy! Puh-lease! Some of us (many of us) just aren't buying the "ugly is the new pretty". Will somebody PLEASE hand out the memo? The 70s was a bad decade. Nixon, Viet Nam and Cambodian crisis, AMC cars, white belts, Donny & Marie, Nawgahide, those fake fireplaces with the rolling "flame" lamp and all that. We've had our ironic fun with 70s ugly, CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON? Something flattering and hip and comfortable? I ask too much.

Sorry to rant, dear Missy, but I am so frustrated! I'm working on clothes for myself! I don't much care to sew big girl clothes: Boobs and hips and all that. I feel like I've been left little choice.

Zit? Toothpaste, overnight. Zit will be gone and your skin will be minty fresh!

XOXO -N.

P.S. YEAH! Jed!!

Fledgling said...

And I have to add this, of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCSiAwCEYy4&NR=1

OXOX -N.