Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What was I thinking???


Silk and velvet?!? I clearly overestimated my abilities. The sweat, tears, swearwords and foot stomping over the last few hours wasn't pretty people. Tears and silk just don't work well together. I've also found that ripping seams out isn't such a good idea with silk either. I had to take out the center band twice and it still isn't sitting correctly. I'm hoping once I tack down the facing and give it a light press it will look better. If all else fails, I'll wear a shawl the whole party. To top it off, my serger is acting all wonky. I think I need a cookie...or two...or a dozen.

2 comments:

Mary said...

OMGoodness! I totally understand what you are going through! I feel your pin honey!!! Prayers,and cookies comming your way!!!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

So, can you walk away and live with yourself, or do you stick it out 'til the bitter/successful end? You are brave than I... I never would have dared. I make little felt trees! lol! Take it easy on yourself friend.